Lab 10.1 - Text Editor 3
Okay, our text editor is nifty and all, but it's about time we made
something that looks a bit more professional.
Refactor your text editor to include menu items. This will give you room to
make all of those unsightly buttons go away. The menu items should be:
- Open (use a Common Dialog for this)
- Save (save straight to the filename most recently opened; if there
isn't one, call Save As)
- Save As (use a Common Dialog for this, too)
- Exit (put a horizontal line in the menu before this option; first person who can tell me why gets a token)
- Other (use an InputBox to get the desired font size)
- Other (this is optional, but if you want to try it, play around with the ColorDialog)
- About (we'll do something with this later)
Hints: Make sure that your program checks to see that the file
has not been changed when the program is exiting, and if it has, warn the
user and offer to save first. Make keyboard shortcuts that make sense.
As always, design a useful and proper interface.