Computer Science II
The WCSwiki is now open!
Would you like to use Visual Studio Express 2012 on your own computer? Download it here for free.
If you need to review, please visit the Computer Science I Playlist on YouTube.
Here are the lab assignments for the class.
- Lesson 10
- Lesson 9
- Click here for the lecture video.
- Lab 9.1: Text Editor 1
- Lab 9.2: Phone Directory 2
- Lab 9.3: Text Editor 2
- Side Quests
- Propose side quests for Computer Science II. Proposals must be written in a near-complete form (no first drafts, please). Additionally, you must also demonstrate the side quest's viability by completing it yourself. (2 tokens per accepted proposal)
- Magic: The Organizing. Create an application that keeps track of a person's Magic: the Gathering cards. You'll need a Structure for each card that includes title, casting cost, type, rule text, color text, and power/toughness (if applicable). Store the collection in an array in the program. Your application also needs to be able to save the collection and open saved collections, with both actions using the appropriate dialogs. (3 Tokens)
- Lesson 8
- Lesson 7
- Click here for Part 1 of the lecture video.
- Click here for Part 2 of the lecture video.
- Click here for Part 3 of the lecture video.
- Lab 7.1: Random Number List
- Lab 7.2: Happy Numbers
- Lab 7.3: Phone Directory
- Lab 7.4: Slice of Pi
- Side Quests
- Guild Banner: Create a full-color banner for your guild. Your banner should be as awesome as possible - it will be hung in the classroom. Fabric banners are preferable to paper banners. You guild banner may be designed however you wish so long as they are school-appropriate. You banner must be larger than 8.5" x 11" (or 11" x 8.5"). Get approval for your banner from your instructor and put it on your alliance board. (2 Tokens, +2 Tokens if the banner is made from fabric)
- Side Quest: Hunt the Wumpus (3 Tokens and Wumpus Hunter achievement)