Advanced Computer Science
The WCSwiki is now open!
Waunakee Computer Science Calendar
If you're looking for apcslib.jar, you can find it here.
You can get gpdraw.jar here. There is also documentation.
The lab notes, assignments, and side quests for each lesson are listed below,
along with any additional material.
- Lesson 15: ArrayList
- Lesson 15 Notes (and
- Lab 15.1:
IrregularPolygon (gpdraw.jar) (gpdraw docs) (100 xp)
- Lab 15.2:
Permutations (100 xp)
- Lab 15.3:
Statistics (100 xp)
- Side Quests
- Rogue Sidequest: Worksheet A15.1 - ArrayList
- Wizard Sidequest: There is another class in Java called Vector that acts a lot like ArrayList. Write an essay that explores the similarities and differences between these two classes, and why there are two classes that are so similar.
- Cleric Sidequest: Write an essay describing why ArrayList implements the Serializable interface, and what this means functionaly.
- Warrior Sidequest: The ArrayList class has a method that returns an Iterator, but it also has one that returns a ListIterator. Write an essay comparing and contrasting these two classes.
- Lesson 14: Boolean Algebra && Loop Boundaries && DeMorgan's Law
- Lesson 13: Exceptions and File I/O
- Lesson 20: Polymorphism (Transmutation Sor/Wiz 4)
- Lesson 11: Inheritance (where there's a will, there's a
- Lesson 10: Strings and Things (well, Objects, anyway)
- Lesson 12: Iteration Iteration Iteration
- Lesson 9: (for title, see Lesson 9)
- Lesson 8: (Complete) Control Structures
- Lesson 7: Simple I/O
- Lesson 6: APIs and Libraries -- video lesson here
- Lesson 5: Stay Classy
- Lesson 4: Object Behavior (or Behaviour if you're not from the US)
- Lesson 3: Math and Stuff
- Lesson 2 OOP, Not OOPS
- Lesson 1 A Very Very Very Fine House
- Lesson 22